Our goal is zero emissions
And we work on this every day.
NOT aims to have the most sustainable production possible. Resource usage will be continuously optimized, and all our products should eventually be recyclable and capable of being repurposed in new ways. This means that reuse is highly prioritized in our daily operations.
NOT’s production facilities comprise a total area of 23,000 m2. We are in the process of an extensive modernization to facilitate as sustainable an operation as possible.
Our initial steps towards a greener direction began with the renovation of our oldest facility, the headquarters in Nærbø. Today, this location stands as the cleanest production facility for hot-dip galvanizing in the country.
We harness energy from the sun
We produce our own electricity
Solar energy is clean energy! We have installed solar panels on the roofs of our three production facilities. On sunny days, this should meet our electricity needs, and any excess power is sent back to the grid.
Our production facilities have solar panels on their roofs
which generate 510,000 kWh annually.
Currently, 30% of our vehicles are electric
and we are actively working towards transitioning the entire fleet to electric vehicles.
The surplus electricity is fed back into the power grid
allowing the broader community to benefit from our sustainable initiatives.
We produce in a 100% closed facility
Powder coating does not contain volatile solvents, which is highly beneficial for the working environment. The process also generates minimal waste.
A powder-coated surface has high corrosion resistance and a long lifespan.
- All steel that undergoes hot-dip galvanizing is 100% recyclable.
- All zinc is 100% recyclable.
- Residual materials from the process are recycled or handled in a safe manner.
Zinc extraction has low energy consumption, and zinc has very high purity.
Hot-dip galvanized steel has a lifespan of 30-55 years in industrial and maritime environments.
- Zero emissions (BAT – Best Available Technology)
- The number of chemicals used shall be reduced
- Chemical consumption shall be monitored
- We shall prevent pollution and reduce negative environmental impact
- We shall sort and reduce the amount of waste, and optimize our resource utilization